Wednesday, March 10, 2010

this is love

i hope before to long ill get to write about something as exciting as the joy of the Lord or heaven! until then i will with what the Lord gives me.. which is always amazing regardless!

2Jn 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

i find myself back at the beginning. God has had his people from the beginning of the world.. the beginning of his Word – all the way back in Genesis, we are told to follow the commandments of the Lord. to walk in them. Adam walked WITH HIM (yeah I'm totally coveting the good things) and catch this one – the moment they stopped following the commandments, was the moment they stopped walking with God.

it hasn't changed. God hasn't changed. if you dont walk after the commandments of God you can not be his disciple. if you love God you will follow his commandments, it wont be hard to give anything up. i recently really tried to dig into the hair issue with the help of God. and i cant say that his word says for women not to cut their hair, just for it to be long. but i really dont think that i can cut it, its something so precious in my heart that i have with God, and i will face him one day and he may say; you didnt have too – but for me you did and I honor that. its no big deal to me if i dont have to do something - because i LOVE God. i dont say love capitalized as a way to say you dont, but as a big bursting love that i can not contain! and it is nothing of me – its a love that God gives me because i wholly dedicate my self, my life, my family to him. i want nothing of me, nothing of this world – i have to crucify it daily ofcourse but God refreshes it daily!

Dont for one second think that God ‘knew’ that we can ‘never make it without sinning’ and thats why he sent Jesus to die on the Cross. There is POWER in the Blood. Power to heal, power to save & power to keep us from sin.

Gal 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

John wouldnt have said in 1 John 2:1 ‘that ye SIN NOT’ under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost if it were indeed imposible for you NOT to sin. u CAN make a conscious to NOT do something and with the help of Jesus you WILL not do it.. we fall. we falter. we fall short. but in those moments praise God we have an Advocate with the Father, but we dont HAVE to fall, or HAVE to fall short – the Glory of God can keep us! Jesus sent the woman away saying – sin no more. He would not of said that if she were incapable of sinning no more.

Mat 11:15  He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

3 comments:

  1. Well said. A group I meet with each week discussed this very topic just a few nights ago. We too easily use the "well, I'm just a fallen sinner" excuse to defend our "right" to sin. The fact is, in Christ, I have been empowered to overcome ALL temptations and abstain from sin. I will do what I desire.

    If I truly desire to please my Father, I will take captive every thought and choose the mind of Christ to guide me, being led by the Spirit which cannot sin. It's time we set our goals higher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen! thank you for the comment. its true - i wanna be so like Christ that sin repulses me, that i run at the sight! we can CHOOSE not to sin! thanks again brother - for the encouragement that is - anything good said was from the Lord not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just plain beautiful! Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete